6.10.06

Dawn Patrol Surf

So I awoke on the crack. Not her crack, damn it, but the crack of dawn. After a fitful night of hearing the KJ doing the howling at the moon imitation, (but a braver lad, there is not) I kinda sorta gave the hell up with sleeping at 430AM. It was already a muggy hawaiian evening, that turned into a sweaty ass crack night of lack of sleep.

Lotta crack in this post, lets move on, over or far away from that!

After Surf frame grab

Putter around the house for a moment, and decide to vamoose my sorry caboose out the door, before anyone or thing can delay me from a surf. Stealth as I can be, of course I have to make all kine noise by tripping over KJ's play ground (known as my living room) and Sadie the dog, (yelp, take me pee, take me pee!!! Or I crap on your slippers!)

OK, damn Sadie the dog, lets go, quick kine, out the door for a lua break.

Of course, Sadie the dog wants to run around, and play - 'watch the stoopid human try to catch me' (you shoulda put the leash on, doofus!)

Trapping the dog, I finally corral her into the house, and grab shorts, wax, the evil camera, and change for coffee.

More after surf

Out the door, and sweet fragrances of dog shit not withstanding, I barrel out of the house in search of what else ??

Barrels! The water kine! Tubes!


And yet, 1 more

Drive to the gasoline station, (where they will take your first born for a tank of gas, as long as they are male), and pick up a cup of Joe.

Joe and I take the winding K highway to my usual of the most usual spots, and upon rounding the corner that gives me a view where I can see if "get" waves or not.....

Oooooooooooooh got some. Got some and there is no wind. There is no wind, got some, and noone else is on the road.

Thats because it is dark, doofus!

Shoreside, I unload my board, hide my alarm-button-thing-that-you-push-which-if-it-goes-off,-noone-pays-attention-to-anyways doohickey.

(i hide the damn thing in the gas cap, why? Dont know, really, not like there is much of anything to steal)

And it is off to the surf.

3 hours later, all de-stressed and worked, plow on home to get ready for the pink.

And thats that.

Have a great weekend, all.


Aloha, Mark

3 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Sounds like our morning, X's 2 (two kid playgrounds, two pooping dogs) only it was frigging chilly and of course, no surfing. Just a walk with the camera, chasing the moon, hoping our efforts will calm everyone down from the stress so we can have a fun day with friends and family.
I think we'll have a good weekend, but thanks for the well wishes, and right back atcha!

Jennifer said...

Beautifully vivid description of my least favorite kind of weather: MUGGY SUCKS! I could feel the sweat trailing down my own backside. You CRACKED me up!

Little Kenny said...

Muggy sucks everywhere EXCEPT Hawaii. At least that's how I feel when I'm visiting. ;) Now, your mileage may vary.

Aloha oh great crack dweller.