4.4.06

Power Surge

What's up?

Dream On.

What'd ya do today?

Did you smile at someone? Did you wave another person ahead of you in traffic? Did (male) you hold open a door for a lady? Le Femmes, did you say "thanks" if you were so lucky?
Did you take a moment to see your significant other sleep? Did ya watch them breathe in and out? Were you amazed? Perhaps you might have noticed the sun today. Maybe the clouds were especially intriguing. A shape? How many things piqued your curiosity?
Did the breeze brush your skin? Was it cold? Warm? Hot, even?
Maybe you were luck enough to see your children today. Maybe some one else's. Maybe you even taught today. You may have said one word that as a teacher, will remain embedded in them for the rest of their lives. Did you rustle your kids hair? Was the smell of fresh washed hair remaining on you? Maybe it was sweat filled; grass infused aromas.
Did you just sense something? Did an aroma take your soul back to a better time? Did it wrench you to something not so cool?
Did something crunch under the weight of your being? A leaf? Snow? Did ya splash a puddle?
Maybe you got blinded by the sun setting in the West. Maybe your day blinded from the rise in the East.
Did a hug give you the chills?
Did you chill someone with a hug?

Did you see Red?
Was green what you felt?

Did you dress yourself in something so luxurious, that you felt stately? Did you dress someone else? Did they beam?

When you tied their shoes, did they smile?

Did you carry a weight? Did you help to relieve someone's?

Did you alight a lover with a kiss? Sparks?

Did you find something amiss? Did you correct it?

Did you breathe deep, suck in the air to which we are privy to, and exhale; exhaling all the toxins that have built up over the number of years you have graced this earth, and rejoice?

Were you aware of the power you hold in the tone of your voice, the tilt of your head, the manner of your walk?

Did you?

Didn't it feel really, really good?

Have a good one.

Aloha.

5 comments:

Rain said...

that's freakin awesome dude!! I love it, worthy of hittin the print button.

Sandy said...

When I read this last night, I had the sudden overwhelming urge to wake up my children and start the day over!

fineartist said...

I love that shoe tying smile, I do.

This Tuesday, April the forth, it was a good day…I sensed it.

What Rain and Sandy said too.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Reading this with my morning coffee. I should read it EVERY morning. It would start my mind off right.

On April 4th, we flew from Indianapolis to Phoenix, and I took pictures of the clouds from my window seat.
I was proud of my kid for being such a great traveler.
I was protective of my other kid for being afraid.
I was happy with my foursome, feeling like we could go anywhere, but especially if we're all together.

Jennifer said...

Mindfulness rocks.