10.2.07

Getting Physical

surf1
surf2
surf3


Action, in any form, creates a better person. I imagine this everytime my sorry ass feels tired, and doesnt want to move its sorry-ass self along at a greater rate of speed. There is only so much free time in my work-soaked life to enjoy things that I want to. So keeping the action part in mind, I had my required City and County Of Honolulu (BULLSHIT) physical on Friday.

It isnt like I fear a physical. Whats to fear? - "Hey, you have a third nut down here, sir!" - Isnt likely to be said. "Hmmmm strange lump in the orbitalpreeniumperspaectuseretus stera delta dawn area" ...Uh whats that, Doc? And so on. So I go in, knowing full well that the 15 minutes it takes the City to find out I breathe, and pee, is not gonna discover anything that I prolly dont already know.

Not that the C & C doesnt care about us, of course they do. They care enough to find out if they can prevent a law suit, is the reason for this "7-11" of physicals. I think they must put people out of work for High BP more often than the disease of Hypertension does on its own. Cover your ass, the ccorporation consel always says, I guess.

Quickly enough, I have gotten the Weight (184) BP (170/60) Pulse (65) and Height (still 5'11", altho' innaresssingly enough, they added .75 to the inches. WTF? I am growing at 48? So, officially, I am 5 feet, 11.75 inches tall.) Just further to fall, if you ask me. Eyesight still sucks, but get sternly told that I need to bring reading glasses next year. WTF2 - Why? I cant see far doofus! If I take off my glasses, I dont need arm extenders, either! WTF3 - So why would I want to bring reading glasses, when if I want to read, I just take the damn things off. And again, I dont hold the damn material further away or closer than normal. It is the 1950 eye machine BS if you ask me.

Anywho.

On to the PFT, which measures the capacity of your lungs, cause as a Firefighter, you wear the SCBA, and have to have a certain amount of Pulmonary function to work. The pessimist in me says BS, you just want to know how much shit is in my lungs so if I die in a fire, you can say it was my own fault, but I digress. Pass that without a hitch, and it is on to the Doctor.

Quickly through him and done.

Passed again, and off to work.

Got off this morning, and went surfing before the troops could corral me into doing anything that I really didnt want to do.

Being selfish has its perks, I guess. Good waves, sunshine and coffee. Now to the pink for more abuse.

Aloha!

2 comments:

beckyboop said...

You healthy 11.75 inch tall man... f*ck a bunch of reading glasses! Hope ya had fun surfing. ....Of course you did.

alan said...

Maybe all that time in the water has something to do with it? Keep surfing you might end up a 7 footer!

alan