21.3.08

Brain Farts

I just want to go surf.

I just want to feel my normal body functions again.

I have "I" trouble right now; cause I am down right tired of hobbling around like a broken machine.

Used to be able to fall, no penalties

There has got to be a clause somewhere in lifes manual that can be drudged up and pontificated on whereby the life user is granted immunity from careless acts of dumb. I want to invoke that shit like yesterday.

Making Malasadas, 1951

It'd be great to feel some freakin' surf and sun and sand on my shoulders, ass, and legs. I'd take driving up to my Gram's house on the hill, view Waikiki and Honolulu sans buildings and highrises again. Pay double to stand in that kitchen and have her scold be for being 'kolohe'. Triple to hear my gramps tell her to "leave the kolohe boy alone; he's the only one we got". Give some coin to see my Dad laugh like the photo, next to my Aunt.

I imagine that 7 weeks of being hung-up is messin' with the fartings of my brainage.

*Redwoodcity, eh LK?....Never guess where I was born, would ya?

Even Hawaiians gotta travel, I guess.

I want to finish my damn cut-ass short vacation to Vegas from last November; I want to hold her in my arms and watch her sleep, and wake her gently. I want time to be hers, and her to be mine.

I want the damn pink to close already; since June just amplifies the stupidity of management here.

I am tired of dealing with waiters with no brains; I have some to lend them, or is that just a piece of mine that I want to give 'em?

Dont get me started on the maroons lately; there is too many and not enough "I" in the computer type to deal with my bitching.

I'll take a beer, please.

I delight in hearing Kaleo call me "Papa!, Where are you?"

Kekoa in purple hats.

Kiana leaving her junk all over the place and I keep picking it up.

Picking up and dropping off Mai. NPR in the morning with her is soo wonderous a time.

Where was this going?

Oh yeah, I.

I am selfish, and self centered, and tired and sore; I regret getting older, and falling is hard, I rejoice that new days I witness, but damnit, this shit is getting old.

Thats what I say.

Aloha, Happy Easter.

6 comments:

Little Kenny said...

I've only got the one guess for Redwood City and that is Sequoia Hospital.

Possibly Stanford town the road?

Don't keep me in suspense. ;)

Little Kenny said...

Er, that should have been "down" the road. ;)

fineartist said...

Happy easter to you too.

It's hell being a grown up sometimes the heart doesn't get wounded near as much but the bod sure aches like hell.

I'd trade mine sometimes, if it were possible, but I'm so comfortable in this raggedy old skin, I don't think I'd know how to act if I did. I'd probably do the same dumb shit that caused my bod to hurt now.

Dick VanDyke said once on Johnny Carson, "If I'd have known how much this body was going to hurt now, after all of those slap stick falls I've taken, I would have been much more careful with it." Yeah, me too.

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Aloha.

There's lots of beauty in this.
And wisdom, too.
But mostly beauty.
Happy Easter.

Jennifer said...

Happy belated Easter, Mark.

*I* want *U* to heal.

Alohugs!