11.11.08

11-11-85

You were so cool.

We'd sit and eat veggies and mayonaise, with shoyu.

You drove that SS Chevelle too fast, and tended gardens so slowly.

6 pearls and 1 stone, and what a diamond you were to me.

I didnt know you spoke fluent Hawaiian for too long; what stories Tutu Lily must have told you.

Riding horseback from Kaupo to the big city(!); gathering goods thrown from the barge.

Smoking that sweet smelling tobacco, I loved playing with your ultra-hip lighter.

Seeing you everyday when running off the field, and yelling "Herb" intead of Herb.

Forgetting your hearing aid and swimming; you drove Grandma nuts.

I'll always love you.

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana, my Tutu Kane.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

The always of love. Nothin' beats it.

Best on you, Mark. Best on you & yours -- yours passed, yours now, yours in the future, all the best.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

An even more significant day of remembrance for you, it seems.
Lovely memories.
Thank you for sharing.

alan said...

No better gift than remembering and handing down the stories...

May I be so lucky!

alan

fineartist said...

This post made me smile, made me remember my folks who've passed over, and made me smile again at the loving memories of unique individuals who left their marks on me, and you.

Peace Mark,
Lori