13.1.10

The MailBox Incident

They better be staring off into the surf....


Quieter Day


Ding and Dong were especially industrious today. Kaleo had half day of pre-school, and Kekoa as usual, was preparing for the dismantling of his dear bro the minute he got home.

They have this 4x4 truck thingy that is battery powered. Kaleo drives, and Kekoa pretty much co-pilots. Usually....USUALLY...they are prety good, we live on a safe loop, and I tail them around if they venture onto the quiet street.

They did, I followed, all good.

Drove into the neighbors yard, as usual, they are petty good about steering and not damaging themselves or the property.

U S U A L L Y.

Today Kaleo felt it important to pay no attention to going forward, but rather look backwards.

They smashed the next door mail-box, cracking it at the base.

Giving me 1 and half hour to - - -

Buy a piece of PVC pipe

Cement

dig hole out

replace the pole

attach the mail-box

replant the sod around the pole

get to work at the Hotel

Priceless.

I think

Usually.

1 comment:

alan said...

Hopefully they get it out of their systems now, while they're small...

I came home from work one summer night when mine were in their early teens. Usually they were up when I came home as was my wife. This night, everyone was in bed.

3:30AM, I guess I understand...put down my cooler and go through the hallway towards the bathroom. The door is missing and a doubled sheet is hung in its place!

The next day I learned that little brother and big brother were fighting; little brother attacked then ran into the bathroom, slamming and locking the door.

Big brother hit the hinge side of the door so hard with his shoulder that it ripped the screws out of the hinges and the door flipped into the bathroom backwards. Their mother took it downstairs and epoxied the holes so I could re-hang it the next day...

alan