24.7.07

Extinguished.

When yours truly was a small wharf rat, I was often told of the 'ants in my pants'. Apparently, I had become infested with scurrying, by the millions, ants. I never noticed, as I was too busy moving at 1000 MPH; fueled by nothing more than immediate enthusiasm, and reckless abandon. Its like if you pushed the 'FF' button on your VCR or tape player, 24/7. Not only did I not ever get bitten by these hordes of ants, but in reality, they became my close friends. They must have, because they never bothered me much.

Being the only male, grandson, only child, didn't make me any calmer, for sure. My Tutu wahine spoiled me to no end. I didn't even have to whine, ever. Spoiled little shit, I was. Alas, I was going too fast to ever notice that I was a little shit. Fast is just the speed; not the reaction. 'Cause I was, and still am, slow in seeing what is laying right in front of me. Imagine all the times someone said ... 'Look out!'...And you can draw a imaginary film of me turning to whomever said it, and careening, head long into the wall I was to look out for.

Burning ones metabolism at 300 degrees Fahrenheit tends to use up the individual fuel cells that are allotted ones person. It is a easy re-fuel, just some bread and water, some sugary beverage, and off go the turbo-chargers again.

But in not seeing what truly affronts ones self can be a hindrance to acceleration.

All needed is a stable, well built and cared for, platform. "On this rock, I will build my church" was said, and with that, centuries of battles have been fought over what church the rock supports.

Stability.

Quick of soul, fiery in belief, shouldn't damage the stability of ones union, should it?

Responsibility - acting in what is best for the whole, is a cornerstone to stability.

Keep asking now of myself, is my fire extinguished?

Aloha.

4 comments:

alan said...

You burn your candle in so many places at once, all in the name of being responsible for those you love. May your fuel be unlimited!

alan

Anne said...

mark! my man will be on hilo side this thursday, for a month. sure wish i could be with him-maybe when things get figured out, health-wise. i get to stay home and hold down the fort and the 15 year old!!

Jennifer said...

Ditto what Alan said.

Clearly, you've had a rough day or two. Or 365, or more. Perhaps those around you are failing to appreciate your motives and the energy you expend making things happen on their behalf? That is a sorrowful thing. Good goddam, how I would appreciate a multi-talented, multi-tasking man like you.

Hang in there til you get to hang ten again.

Wishing you BIG juicy waves...

Little Kenny said...

Been busy here so many miles away on the east coast. Thinking of you though every time I look out at the Atlantic from my balcony. Aloha crazyman.

ps You wouldn't like the waves out here, at least on this stretch of Florida, so I'm not gonna send 'em your way. ;)

pss That is unless you want to take up boogie boarding. They're good for that. ;)