29.7.07

Got no pix...

...Since daughter took my camera. But I got out of the stockade and went for a surf this morning. It was much better than it looked from shore. 3 hours later, and the world is a much brighter place.

Saw my classmate out in the water, Dwight O. Dwight and Igrad from SLH back in 1977. Our 30th class reunion is coming up in October, in Vegas. Amazingly, I will be in Vegas then as well. Bwhahahaha. So if anyone wants to put on a costume and come with, you are more than welcome. Me and her will be there from Oct 30 - thru November 5th. Back to surf -

I see Dwight O. out pretty often. I see him way more than any other of my classmates, and many still live here on O'ahu. The inneresssin' thing about seeing Dwight is I thought how lucky it is that we have surfing to keep us relatively in shape. I dont feel 48, and, pray tell, dont look it either. Neither does Dwight. Coinky-dink? I think not. When seeing other classmates, many are overweight, etc. So surfing gets another chalk mark up on the positive side, so Plllllbbbbt! all the nay-sayers.

Its back to the Pink for more summer time bizzness, and it as has been all summer, is busy.

And thats a wrap.

Aloha.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hmmm. Does surfing keep you young, or does surfing attract the young-at-heart? I think you've got the kind of spirit that demands you find a way to play, even if you were landlocked. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I'd've guessed mid to late thirties, except I knew better, 'cause you published your age before.

Keep on playing hard!

alan said...

48...
Look 38...
Work and act like 28!

You are the man!

alan