15.3.06

Muddy Waters

Rainy days need the blues.

On Hawaiianmark Radio -


Lie 2 Me


It is fricking wet. It has clouded up and rained for days. I know 'STFU', ... If you are used to 360 days or so of sunshine, your Vitamin K level screws up w/ lack of sun. Or Vital D or whathave ya. So you go and get the best Ramen Noodles you can find, and heap up some Miso based soup, and throw tofu blocks in, add some green onion, and sit back and bitch about the weather.

Or you can go to work, and listen to the tourista drink and moan. But for the most part, are very good natured. For real. They get five stars of late. Kudos to the boys at the bar for creating happy campers. (..."Doubles for the town"...) The greatest feat is that they have positives to say about the whole situation. Rain, prices, etc....Good on 'em.

Finished a OT on Sunday, busy at the Firecom. Lots and lots of water evacuations. Lots of auto accidents. The usual medicals. The forces of nature lined up against the islands of late, dragging up moisture from the South and depositing it on the isles with vengence.

But I am staying dry.

Cause I gots a new damn roof!

Okay, pau (finished) gloating about the lack of buckets in my house as permanent fixtures of furniture.

It IS NICE, tho', to not have that on my mind to distract me more than I am already distracted.

Huh?

Oh I am tired, mince no words there. Exhaust-a-macated. I feel asleep in a shake and a-half of salt yesterday.

Hotel now, and the touristas are behaving.

Be nice to say that about the crew at my home address.

I think it is a mutiny.

Arrrrrggggh.

Aloha.

Stay warm, and dry!

2 comments:

alan said...

Glad you are there when it comes to the rescues and medicals...one of those who run towards things instead of away from them!

Thank you!

Hopefully the weather gods will smile on you soon!

alan

Jennifer said...

Good to hear you're dry -- the hard work is paying off!

Would-be thieves dead from termite poison is fit for that News of the Weird or News of the Absurd column. Poetic justice went a little too far, though, eh?