19.7.06

Containers

Its a kaleidescope out there.

It all Black & White

Tupperware is an amazing invention. Who was on what when they thought - " Plastic, yeah...and a edge thingy, yeah...and it'll store stuff for like, years...it'll seal itself...whoa..." Hunting for a container in the fridge lead to a discovery of long lost food portions that, well, were a bit old.

Which was appropriate, as I had to go down to the docks today to purchase the container that will bring grandkeiki kaleo James and companies' stuff to their new island home. Amazingly, it is still a pretty cool drive to get down into the heart of the docks here, with nary a mishap, I did my deed, and on the road again within a few hours.

If a metaphor (?) was ever correct, it would have to be a container for me.

Its best for me as a person, to contain that which bubbles up at times; that deep seated anger that manifests itself in situations I cannot abate. So I have to take that tupperware click top, and snap that lid shut tight. Better yet, I must expel all the air out, cause if I dont, it might have enough O2 to re-ignite. It does not matter if in would appear OK to be a bit miffed at a situation. The inherent problem with my own anger is that it gets fueled by itself. So you are right, it doesnt matter. Expressing anger only makes me guilty of losing control.

Containers can control, yeah? You get no spillage if the container is sealed correctly. No smells. No mess. You can move what is contained to another locale if you choose.

You could do that with anger. You could contain it, and move it to another locale and use it for something constructive.

Thats what I try to do.

In packaging, the strength of the holder is dependent on how well made, how dedicated the maker of the container was. How much volume can it hold? Will it break under pressure? Is it flexible enough to take more loading?

Somewhere in Cali is a container that will carry a families worldly goods here.

In August, a container will bring a little guy to the roots of his family.

Contained in my heart and mind is love and knowledge. Secured by passion.

In a seperate space, ferocity and enthusiasim, each seperated, 'cause they just fuel each other if they go unsupervised.

When the containers are opened; the contents spill out amongst the day, I, as owner of the container, be responsible to use a receipe of good taste?

Probably.

I got zip-locks ready.

Ya know, just in case, like.

Aloha.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love to "burp" Tupperware. However, I don't own any Tupperware, so I have to keep a sharp eye out for opportunities to burp other people's Tupperware. No kidding. And that's a pretty good metaphore for me: I am a container burper.


Joy of joys, to have the little man with the big feet moving closer to Grandpa. This is as it should be. I'll be keeping a good thought toward their safe transport and arrival.

alan said...

Beautiful post!

alan