1.9.05

~ * 13 * ~

Overaught adjectives and run on sentences aside, I'll try to keep it short, sweet, and to the point.

For crying out loud, what happened to my little girl?

There was communication, there used to be warm fuzzies going back and forth. I guess this too, shall pass. Like bad poi, or stale beer, its gotta end some time.

Soon, please.

The fact is, I try to be understanding of the ins-outs of teenage angst. Sure I cant relate to it, but I can say "been there." Not as a 13 y/o female, but around 'em, yeah. The Mai-Mai is a sweet as they come, and thoughtful, caring young lady. To have her just defy myself, and my instructions, well, it hurts. Really. It physically, hurts. Headaches not withstanding, I could do without it. Part of me says 'a good licking' would solve the problem, but I know it wont. So I don't. Yelling will just amplify the lack of control, that, I do. Common sense is proving useless, since I cant be there 24/7 to make sure it prevails.

Pass already, please?

The blatant lies are nagging at my heart, to think the raggamuffin that she was, is turning into the pre-adult I dread. Sure enough, the BS detector has to be on and in working fashion. Time and infinite patience will be required to wait it out I imagine.

You just want them to be safe, Yeah?

I know she will come around, but the days seem so long, the moments of happiness so fleeting, that it crushes my heart to be angered at her. She will be fine, I know. I have faith in our family, that as team, as a unit, all challenges will be overcome. They don't put instructions on this in the Dad guidebook. I looked all through the sucker, twice, and couldn't fine a thing on it.

The part in the guide book about giving in to Lady C on all accounts, I think someone added after it was published, 'tho.

Hey, I still got Humor!

Peace, prayers out to Katrina's victims.

Aloha.

2 comments:

Anne said...

you know, i have a 13 year old daughter as well. so i know just exactly what you are saying. long days, these days. but it passes, yes. hard not to miss those sweet little girls, though, right?

Jennifer said...

Hang in there Mark. I feel for you. My girls are 20, 12, and 10 1/2. It does get better, but, man, I gotta do it two more times. I'd offer you some advice but all I got is this: HUGS.