21.9.05

Stubborn

Firstly, there was some enjoyable surf this AM @ Full Point. Thankx to Hurricane Jova, who will hopefully, keep her path North-ish, but keep pumping some swell. So far. so good. Humid weather ahead.

Nuclear accident, and the scenario behind it.

Probably more or less comes from the fact that I have too few days off. Eldest son, was supposed to take the HFD entrance exam, and everyone was pulling for a good result. The test comes around once every 3 years or so, and the numbers are like this - 4000 test takers, for 120 or so job openings. Competition, yep.

So my 1 day off since hell froze over last, was a surf fest, followed by the eldest being, well, a DICK. I probably work around 325-345 days a year. Usually, if I do take a day off, it is to do some sort of home stuffs, but hey, thats my kuleana (responsibility) So I really appreciate a non-bullshit day when I am off.

But lets back-track.

So son "K" was supposed to take the HFD test. I had a day off. K decides to be a dick. This is wrapped around by the fact that his GF, M, and her daughter, K, are living here now, too. Now K doesnt feel too great on expressing his frustrations at times. This, combined with a problem of lying, or stretching the truth, has dire consequence when the old defication hits the occilator.

Confused, yet?

Ratchet up the fact that I have been exceedingly patient with K and his small BS, but you are now the owner of 2 mouths to help feed, provide for, and answer to.

Yo, bro, it is time to be a Man.

Now focus our attetion to the need to ho'oponopono, (or talk things over with refrain) This can be accomplished by speaking together, working differences out. But it takes all parties to open up to it.

Instead of taking down the facade, K amps up the level of DICKism to new heights. I remain calm, keeping head about me, and not doing much but trying, in vain, to get common sense through the thickness of brain matter.

Shit, it didnt work for,... well, shit.

DICKism goes full bore, and I still stand firm within the storm, as does Lady C, and GF, M.

2 days of this crap-fest.

On the third day, all calm has said its final Aloha, and reverted to pure, unadulterated, unfiltered, pissed-off-as-shit-Me.

I work too damn much, to deal with this BS, and I let him know it.

At about 15 on the volume scale, and the dial goes only to 10.

But he is stubborn as a mule, so nothing got heard.

And Double DICKism went on display.

- so the dust settles, and he is sent packing, to wherever he wants to get his shit together at.

And per as usual, I feel like shit for blowing the few gaskets I have left in my head.

One thing is for sure, this time, he better sure as heck, Get It.

I am too damn old for this shit, I have too full a plate, and I love this whole clan way more than anyone can fathom.

Rules.

Responsibility.

Questions, answers.

We are here for each other, not for ourselves, but sometime, you gotta give the self up for the team.

Aloha.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

"sometime, you gotta give the self up for the team."

Amen, and hang tough.

Sandy said...

hmmm. tough stuff. YOu're kinda like my hubby, who keeps everything bottled up until one day....blow up! Sounds like K needs to learn a lesson in real life, and good he's out there to experience it.

Sandy said...

hmmm. tough stuff. YOu're kinda like my hubby, who keeps everything bottled up until one day....blow up! Sounds like K needs to learn a lesson in real life, and good he's out there to experience it.

Sandy said...

hmmm. tough stuff. YOu're kinda like my hubby, who keeps everything bottled up until one day....blow up! Sounds like K needs to learn a lesson in real life, and good he's out there to experience it.