24.12.06

Christmas Birthday Tale

When I was growing up, and no, I havent completed that journey yet, Momhawaiianmark did one year, have a birthday cake for Jesus.

Being that I was like 14 at the time, and a total self-centered asshole, I thought it was well, stupid.

Momhawaiianmark made a cake, and she can cook like no ones business. It was small, gorgeous, and chock-full-o love. Because thats how my Mom is. Shes like 4 foot tweleve, full of nitro, and goes like being nuclear powered. Mom believes very strongly in the very real belief that out there in never-never land lies things and ways that we dont quite catch on to. And all those things are generated from love. Love being what ever you want, Buddah, Elvis, Mohammed, or what floats your boat, going forward with the current.

Of course, being an asshole, I broke her heart when it came to sing the happy birthday tune with the cake she created to put tangible her belief in goodness.

I really, broke her heart.

In being stubborn; in being self centered; in being blinded by youths stupidity and rancor.

I broke the most loving lady in the worlds heart.

And to this day, I regret it. I regret not removing my selfishness, from being only me-oriented for that small miniscule warp of time.

It only took her tears, and one glance from my Dad, to realize that no apology, no act of contrition would un-do the hurt I did to her that day.

The thing it did do, was to make one asshole teen realize, albeit too late, that the world has beauty that you cant recognize in it.

That a love so great, so dear, so awesome; is attainable when we give away our Self.

And Mom, I love you so much.

Today I baked a cake.


Wishing you all out there on Christmas Eve a safe, warm, joyous day.



Aloha.



Hauoli La Hanau.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

That's so sweet. Yes, that DOES mean you grew up!

Merry Christmas

Little Kenny said...

Merry Xmas crazy man. Cheers and best wishes from Cali. NorCal right now instead of SoCal. ;)

~lk

Jennifer said...

Full circle; good on ya!

and

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Rain said...

oh stop making me cry will ya? great story. and a good reminder that my 14 year old will grow up and not always be so, uh, well you know.

fineartist said...

Happy birthday Jesus.

I love your momma.