13.7.05

Promotional Call

Got the good news this morning, F2 called while I was registering Mai-Mai for 8th grade. Perfect timing. In the cafe, with 200 pre-teens and new teens hollering and gabbing. Usually F2 is the hatchet man. So at first, a deep dark cloud was forming over my head. Most of the time he is the guy that calls to tell you you DIDNT get promoted. I could literally feel my sweat glands open up. As soon as the phone rang, I looked at the caller ID, and did not recognize the #. The he said his spiel, I went from who the hell? to Oh shit its F2, to him saying "I've got good news" in about two thirds of a second. Talk about your rollercoaster. No assignments yet, so wait some more is all I can do.
Back to the station tomorrow, start the cycle again. Worked in the yard all day today , and at Hotel Hell now. Have had 1 day off this month, that being the interview day, and 1 day last month. That was June 3. Surfed a total of about 10 days all the past 2 months. Total bullshit.

Ah, patience. The rewards will come,.........I sure fricking hope so.

No comments: