4.5.06

3 For 3

Called into work, and the nukes appeared. Oldest is lying thru his teeth, and being total ass. Lady C went to work, so as she wouldnt go richter on him. So i get to give a talk. God help me be calm. I will be in control, no matter the buttons pushed.

The best/worst thing about the surf this morning was that I saw a friends son out surfing, his Dad and i surfed together when the kids were small, always hoping theyd follow suit in the stoke. His did, my oldest is quickly falling by the way side. Jealous abit at when he said his Dad and he surf on the Big Island quite a bit.

Then all I was filled with was joy for him, and his dad.

Finding joy for my own child evades me, but that doesnt stop the quest for it.

Sometimes I hope for it to be right around the corner, but mostly I know the corner it is in will stay far away from the finder, until he becomes a real man.

You all be good.

Hearfelt Aloha's....


very
good
day
In the ocean


Yep, i am stoked.

3 comments:

alan said...

Beautiful photos...I can't believe the reef shows through that translucent Pacific blue!

Our children are the reason we end up with gray (or no, in my case) hair! Sometimes I think the sons cause more for their Dads and the girls more for their Moms, but I only had two boys, so can't be sure about that!

In my case, in spite of the little disappointments I've ended up with a lot of joy as they got older, though occasionally they still "slip on in" on me!

I hope for you to find the same!

alan

Jennifer said...

Do try to stay calm. We've done many a dark day: court days, stoned on her butt days, runaway days, incarceration days. None of that started getting better til after I learned to stop yelling at them. Takes a lot of strength to be calm, but you have it in you. If you need to blow your stack, you can always yell at me :-)

Rain said...

Teenager here in my house, 'nuff said. I was doing so well when we were watching Thomas the Tank Engine together, since that phase ended, I've never been as effective.