19.5.06

Damage, Inc.

In all life some rain must fall. Somebody said that, someone much wiser tham myself. Someone with a whole bunch of experience in life.

The past bunch of days has had - 36 hours at Firecom, Nuclear meltdown at the homestead, unreal frustration levels with the Lady C, mega-stressed out-o-finout-o 911 calls, (mothers day was not happy for 1 family, details left unsaid), No mothers day swell relief for this pup, (altho' Monday looks promising) Taxation supreme for my stress level.

Other than that it is friggin' great.

Kaleo James, (grandson yet to show-up) is on the verge. Which means -

1. I gotta make res for LA.
2. Float 4 pax, and deal with the scared-e cat Lady C.
3. Figger out how the hell to do all that w/out going bonkers.

Add to the mix - the Hotel De Heckage and our unions contract is up, so negotiations are on going. The last strike was pre-fire employ, which had me working construction and reeling in tiredness.

Hmmm. More, please.

The kiddo Maimai is stressing, which has manifested itself in the act of cutting. Wonderful. Talks with, and over this, has resulted in nothing but dire worries for moi, not sure what to call the Lady C's reaction, sorta kinda like 'nuke' Depression is not the issue, more attention getting, I guess. Not like the timing coulda been better.

Lesseee, anything else?

Shit yeah. Interviews for another promotion are peeking around the corner, which means - Could be interviewed. Could be moved. Could stay. Could move laterally, (back to the companies vs. Firecom) Could just lose all around and get shanghighed.

Nuts.

It really is.

Sun'll come up, I will make the rez, The kiddo will be OK, and we will go see the Grandkeiki become part of the Ohana (family)...

And it will start all over again.

Strength.

It is the other white meat.

(or was that just my arse?)

Weekend goodness to all.

Aloha.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Strength & bravery, you got 'em both.

Cutting. Damn it. Is she talking to you or to Lady C about it? Can you get her to? In my experience, if she gets to a point where she can call you or Mom or a close friend and simply say, "I feel like cutting, I want to cut" it alleviates the impulse almost immediately. Just saying it when you feel the need to do it really can help.

Can't count the cutters I've known. There are ways to work through it.

Gentle accepting kindness hug for Maimai. Knowing you're-gonna-get-through-this-one-too hugs for you & Lady C. Gonna go dry a few tears.

Let us know when we get to call you gramps :-)

Little Kenny said...

Good thoughts and well wishes being sent your way from So Cal as I type this. Share them with your whole family.

Sandy said...

oh poor poor MaiMai, I really feel for her. Adolescence is so tough. Hugs to you and your family through this time

Sandy said...

oh poor poor MaiMai, I really feel for her. Adolescence is so tough. Hugs to you and your family through this time

Rain said...

wow, you have a lot on your plate, so to speak. best wishes in all things for you and your family.

alan said...

Sorry I got caught up in the whirl of it all here and missed this! I can't imagine...in so many ways!

I almost melted down in high school over 30 years ago; I can't imagine going now!

I have all I can deal with with one job and my wife and life; I can't imagine having two jobs!

I told you once before you were someone I looked up to; you just grew about a foot!

alan