23.5.06

Diver

Ocean water awaits. Diving into the ocean, anytime, becomes a new experience. Never the same, always different.

So tomorrow I dive into grandpappyhood.

What is it going to be like? I have not a clue. It will be like that first leap into anything. Trepidation. Concern. Worry like shit.

I am a fixer. Fix dis and fix dat. What I excel at is fixing the disasters of my/our time. I could do without the knowledge.

Where would I be without the knowledge? Prolly pretty far off the cusp. Maybe not able to accept and handle the deals that are dealt. Am I dealt poorly? Nada. You play with what you get handed. It wont always be perfection, it wont always be glowing. But you take that, and multiply the crap outta it, and come up spades.

And always pray for a fullhouse.

And if you dont get the fullhouse, you bluff 'em til they fold.

And if they call your bluff, you come back, suck up the loss...

And play again.

All under a steely eyed glare of determination.

Conviction.

Dedication.

Belief.

What seperates mere exsistence from from full-on joyous living.

It is in you.

(gatorade stole the shit from me)

All peace this memorial day weekend to you all, and god save California, we be coming.

Aloha.

2 comments:

Ma said...

Have a good trip. No worries bruddah, just relax when you go there. Aloha!

Anne said...

blessings to you all

so cal or nor cal?

safe travels