2.5.06

Delicately masculine

Wave Of The Day, Nias


So after getting out of the dungeon of firecom 24 hours of daze, I got to surf.

Surfed.

Oceanic pleasures for the soul.

So whats with the title then?

Hellifiknow.

Actually, I do. How to phrase what is being processed in the grey matter may take the long trail. (Like I know any other trails to explore) It makes no difference in this world to what we aspire. Who can say we all dont aspire to peace and love? Even the hatred mongers, they cant possibly spend 24/7 on hate. I mean, you would be shitting ulcers if you did, right? So even the 'damn 'em all crowd' has to have a spark of care in 'em. Really, how many times can you kick a dog?

So whats with the title? Toughness comes in many forms. Who can forget the guy in front of the tank in China? How many tanks have I stopped? Not many. The nuns, volunteers at the local soup kitchen, ladling out love and compassion for the needy? I havent ladled out much. Holding the hands of a small person, comforting. Any Mother enduring nine months for the moment of splendor.

Toughness. When you see it, it passes without notice. Real toughness doesnt come in bravado laced pronouncements. It comes on a whisper, a glance, a touch. I may be able to bench press a large amount of weight. If I can not touch the spirit of my fellow man and make it soar, what real good am I? Might be handy around the house to move furniture, but if I cant see the glory in the simple act of rain, what real strength do I posess?

Its good to own a set of balls. Everybody got them, some outwardly, some inwardly. Some wear them on there sleeves. Some act as though they live through them. Too bad. Never to know the power of having a "real" set of then has escaped them; Male or Female. I have probably said it before, and Todd Rundgren said it " Have the guts to stand for something or your gonna be trapped" He kinda shouted it, with Utopia. Owners of a real set stand for something, and are free by that stance.

My maimai is changing; shes a young lady/woman child. It is kinda hard to take the blues with the goldens, but , eh, I will make it. I wonder if she knows how tough she has to be? How strong her convictions will need to be cemented in her own forms of beliefs? Will we be the ones to increase her strength, or dilute it?

Ah, yeah, a surf.

It gets a mind running.

Sometimes too far, sometimes too scattered, but always...on the good side.

Fondest Aloha.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

You know, that's what I like most about your blog
You are this totally local dude
anyone who doesn't know you would never know
the profound things you think about
The heart you show sometimes.
the love for your family, it's so sweet.
nevermind that I have no balls, lol

alan said...

Then there are those who run into the buildings everyone else is running out of...

like the hotel!

:o)

As for how tough she has to be, Anne Richards summed that up when she said that "everyone raves about Fred Astaire, yet Ginger Rogers did everything Fred did, backwards and in high heels!"

Glad you found some waves!

alan

Jennifer said...

Maimai has good role models. All young women should be so blessed.

Rain said...

Wow you've been busy! Funny I just wrote something about having the balls/ovaries to do something.

Our convictions are all we have most of the time. I think yours are doing fine. Awareness is so much of life.