24.11.06

Back In Line, Sir.

Annoyances aside, the start of the holidays (read: Holidaze) are a time where things just start out a bit slow, continue to gain old 'mo'; momentum, and blaze head-first, balls out into the new year.

Somehow that is not the most gorgeous of pictures, eh? Yet we forge on. Why? Like hell if i know.

Lady C & the demented one survived a week in Vegas w/ out killing each other, losing my sanity, or going home early to throttle my kiddo's hide. But it came close on that last bit. I guess when you are 15, the world is yours to mess with, and 'specially the Dad that is viewed as the spoiler. To put it mildly, Lady C has a ring tone that plays "Lean On Me"...I never want to hear that damn song again. The Maimai sure pulled every manipulation trick in the big book of "BS, Fairytales and Attitudes" to make this week together a real challenge.

Back in line to work, pink now, 24 tomorrow at Firecom.

Holidaze ahead, school year closing, and me oh my, I am gonna be working and surfing as much as my little brain can deal with.

KJ is prowling with abandon, climbing, sitting up, lurching, and being a general mayhem maker that we cant get enough of.

Now if I can just find my wife.....

Aloha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed your blog today - take care and have a great weekend.. :)

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for visiting my blog! Go Beavs - great game today!! How's Hawaii, were you affected much by the earthquake a few weeks ago?

Anonymous said...

My time (post idea of Saturday) is my most precious commodity. Unfortunately, I don't always use it to the best of my advantage. Law school is terribly difficult and one of the most time consuming things ever in my life - at a time when I have parenting to do and house cleaning and life as we know it. I really need to be working too to offset the non working thing (I quit my job to go to law school).. but alas and alak I cannot do both. So I sacrifice one to have the other ... job v school.. no money now v. money later ... I've found that my blog the last few days has taken some stress away although I set my timer for the computer and discipline myself toward the studies. It helps. take care.

Anonymous said...

Not a pest at all.. well how did the defense go in the law suit? Jaded yes, it can be. The world needs more good lawyers tho, my goal - to be a good one.

Jennifer said...

Trust me on this, as I've done the 15 year old daughter deal, and I'm about to do it two more times, and while I'm feeling a little resistent about the whole thing because the first time around it was bloody hell with drugs and running away and shoplifting and waking up in the morning to find a stray boy in her bed, I'm also kind of looking forward to doing it again, a bit wiser this time. I learned a few things, but the best thing to come of it is that 15 eventually turned to 20 and now 21, and she has her shit together, and we're close, and she is now working so hard to regain what she lost during the dark years. She's aces in school, and her goal is to work as a therapist one day, so she can bring her whole self, all of her experiences, together in order to help others.

It's not always so dramatic with the teen-girls, of course; but they do grow out of it, eventually (and sometimes in spite of us), and they become wonderful young women -- people we would choose for friends, whether or not they are our daughters.

Hang in there.