22.11.06

Happy T Day, and Back from Sin

Mandalay Bay
Them
Her
Me & Him


Finally got back after a week in Sin-dom. Spent the first 3 at the Bellagio, and the last 4 at MSS.

Now to the fun.

The wife and I had planned a anniversary surprise for her, wait, I planned it. So that was a mistake right off the bat. She is a saint for loving a doofus like me; and me, well I am me.

Split the isles on the red eye to LV on the 13th. Landed 0630. Got a killer Charger form US rent a car for the week. Decided to try and see if a early C/I would be available at The Bellagio.

And now the theme of our time there; weirdness, starts.

Was set for a Spa Tower room, and planned on a 20 dollar trick, but WTF, I stashed a bunch of Macadamia nuts for bribes along the way. Got to The B at 1100, and waited to see. Got to the front desk and started the spiel. Got a room! Early! Allright! Heres some Macadamias for you , mam! No 20, and off to the races.

So lets check out the room.

Traded the Spa Tower for a main bldg, fountain view. Sweet for the sweet lady of mine. Room 14 something or other. OK. Up the fast as sheet elevators, and key the room ,on inside, and…

There is a fully dressed, passed out man in the King size bed.

Out cold.

And I am a Firefigther/EMT, and this guy was comatosed out cold. He didn’t hear us, sense us, or notice us.

So its back to the front desk.

Explain the situation, and this lady with a great sense of humor goes – “Well, welcome to the Bellagio!” I wondered if I had to pay double for him for The Lady C.

The staff of the B are killer. We were treated like the only people there, I swear. Real impressed. Now this was a treat, so don’t be thought’in that I am some high roller, but I was high, a lot. Back to weirdness. So we traipse around the place, have a meal and settle in to gamble. We cruise over to The Barbary Coast, to see the huge arse WOF. My better half decides to drop some coin, and out of it we end up on the plus for 50 cents. Whooo hooo. Maxed out on fun there; it is a very nice place. Especially the guy in the bathroom handing out towels for a mere tip. Donged him 5 bucks for luck. We wander for a while, intent on the first cocktail of the trip for the ladyship. We mosy on over the bridge heading for Caesars.A homeless guy is kind of half talking to himself and half-yelling, maybe an extra half of pure spite as well. Toss him a buck, and he wants my “king”. Walking on, he still yells that he wants my “king”. More walking, more yelling about my “king”. I can only imagine that somewhere in the not too distant past, he lost his bankroll to someone elses …”king”. Remember, Blackjack kills.

Its off to Caesars for the first, well, for me the third, cocktail. Wife of mine loves a Amaretto. So she gets hers, and I garner a cold Heineken. Wander somemore. Back to the B to get the car and head to Red Rock. Never have been there, so off we go. It is a goregeous property. Take a buncha pix, and head in for some fun. Played craps for a while and lost. Down a hundy. My better half decides that a foray into the high slots area is her tonic. What the hell was in that Amaretto? So she drops a hundy in a 5 buck WOF. That being gone, she kids me that it was my bad mojo from the craps table. I take it as a man, and cry.

Back to the B, and plans to eat. Her highness wants a killer bowl of Ox-tail soup from the Cal. OK! Dtown is just my liking for rolling. Get to the promised land, and right away lose my ass at The Cal, The MSS, and The GN. Yes the triple play. Every where was 7 out, 7 out, 7 out. I mean it was hideous. So that lady I am with decides that WOF is the call. Dollar size. OK. Grab a MSS 777 Ale, and I am good to go. Drop a hundy in the WOF. She hits for 500. She hits for 250. In the meantime, I lose like 150 right next to her. The mocking laughter from her forced me to drink more great beer. I suddenly remembered that I had to get a Cigar. Not 1, but like 70 OK, time to puff like a bigshot. Only I really don’t smoke. So I learned this much – Don’t inhale a cigar. Well, maybe, if you want to get a really good rush. But now it was time for more abuse on the craps table. Only it was time for the Queen to eat. Off we go to eat, but the Ox-Tail isn’t served till 1100, and yours truly Is kinda wobbling now. So Her graciousness, allows us to head back to the B. Lets go. Bad idea number 1- giving me the Video recorder thing. Now I have disc-permanent proof off how buzzed I was at the time. Ugh. But a happy drunk for sure. That might not be the same feeling s the B security guys had when I was filming the crap game, but WTF, I had fun!

So its goodnight, and down a bunch, but hell, we are in Vegas!

That was until I decided to film up and down the hallways in the Bellagio, but that’s for another time. At least I was wearing clothes.

Day 2 dawns, and we are out the door for shopping. Lemme put it kindly, day 2, 3 and most of 4 was shopping. God I love that lady. Well maybe. Sorta. Kinda. Shes …OK.

I gotta get me a drink! Most of the days were wander, shop and get killed in the evening at the strip. I do mean killed. Hammered at the B on the 10 buck craps, hammered at MGM. Wait.

Hammered in a good way on a beautiful morning when we hit the Sigma Derby! We had a bloody blast for 3 hours with one other couple from Michigan. I mean that is fun, pure, unadulterated, fun. And killer cocktail service.

We move to the MSS on the 17th, to continue the slaughter. But not without me making a fool outta myself by yelling for Mr.21 at the top of my lungs near the BJ tables, which caused the whole area to start clapping. I was drunk, so if they were clapping for me or the guy that hit 21 right when I said it, who knows. Being that Mr 21 didn’t hear my call, I decided it was a good time to play some VideoPoker. With Ales from 777. Usually it’s a good thing, but I musta hit 90,000 bloody fullhouses. And three 4OfAKinds’s. Got the scratch thing, and gave it to her holiness. She hit 2 bucks everytime. I blame her. The brain of this operation, (that would be my wife) decides lets hit the strip again. OK! I mean WTF, I cant get any worse, can I ? But first she wants her cigs. Now, she is one of a few smokers that has to have the brand she wants. But of course, with the way this trip has gone luck wise, no one has her brand. They do, but it is at the Paiute reservation smoke shoppe, down in the “fun” side of town. We get there, and she is all happy that there is a Police station right behind the place. Uh, I think there is a reason it is there, dear. For some god forsaken reason, it is like double bonus coupon day in the place and it is crawling with folks. I a mean every kind of character you can imagine. Just try to picture Hipple, his ex, and throw in a few other maybe …”seasoned” crew members, and you get the picture. Of course the computer system goes down, and we strike up conversation with a really nice lady at the check out. She tosses in buncha lighters. And cans of smokeless (for my son) and were outta there without getting killed. Why my better half needed more lighters, I have no idea, but, eh.

Of course being the moron that I am, it seems like a good idea to spend more money at the craps table. Lets put it this way- Ouch. Owweeeeee. More pain.

At some point in time, we headed to South Pointe/Coast, and I thought it was huge box. But hell, I aint Frank Lloyd Wright.

Somewhere along this highway of destruction, I met a bunch of cool folks from Cali, Michigan, and Arizona, as well as a couple of retirees from Hawaii. Unfortunately, I was 3 sheets to the wind at the time, but I know we had fun.

But as every good football fan knows, it is the underdog that comes through in the end. Well maybe that is what we all hope for, but “Rudy” was already done. And for the record, I hate USC on a parlay sheet. Go Irish! Kick the arse of the Trojans!

Last daze – we shop more, well actually only 1 shops, I haul. Anywhose, last night rears its ugly head and it is time to really have fun together. Which means – she goes and plays BJ, and I go nuts on the craps tables.

Maybe, but everything was looking ice cold. So I go and wander to the Binions 3 dollar craps. Now I am down to a buy-in max of 100. So off we go. Get killed down to 65, and back up to 100. Radar, a dealer, was the only reason to go there. He,…. rocks. Tip him from “Da Hawaiian Guy”.

It is back to the Cal, and the MSS for a craps extravaganza, but the tables are so sickly looking that I play VP for a while. 20 in, and up to 100. Give the hundy to that broad I am with for her BJ playing, and back to VP. 20 more in, and up another 100. Give ‘em to Mama.

And then the time came for craps.

I wandered over to the MSS tables. I took stick left. I bought in for 95 bucks. My wonderful wife even played, losing more, but had fun. I was down to 65. It came to my shot at the bones. Now the whole frigging week, I have lost arse, shot like crap, and basically been the whipping boy for the dealers and the “guys who set the dice haters” crew.

Without a doubt, I had a bloody killer roll, OK? My better half came over after her BJ table dealer said WTF is going on at the craps table? Made passes on the the 4, 6(X2), 8(X2), the 9, the 10. Hit the hard ways on them all. Not once, but twice on the 6, and 3 times on the H10. I got the H8 for a winner right when a guy hopped it 4-4 for, no sheet, a 100. actually made tips for the dealers in excess of 500. The boys were happy. I got tossed over 6 25 chips for my roll. You wouldn’t believe the sweat on the pit. I mean sweat I rolled from 8PM til 905PM. Hour and 5. I threw a bunch a sevens when shoulda, and yo’s and craps when then guys had C & E’s. It was a duke of a roll, and my beautiful wife had to deal with it, since they actually stared tipping her. I sheet you not, the guys for some reason, knew she was the one earlier had lost when the table was choppy, and dongged her like a hundred.

It finally ended, and I colored up 1800.

It was a killer week, but the ending, it just rocked me no doubt.



Aloha, Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anne said...

welcome home and hope you had a fine t-day. did ya feel the quake?
every quake just makes me wanna move there more, you know? no fear here.
it's funny that you love vegas so much, when you live in paradise!
glad you had fun together.
once we are(finally) in papaikou, i plan on traveling very little.

fineartist said...

Omg, you DID win BIG!

I think the weirdo in your bed was good luck.

I think all that shopping freed your pockets up to win, and Lady C is a genius.

Maybe the ox tail soup helped too. Is that really edible?

I think no finer couple could be found to win big, right on.

fineartist said...

Did you poop your pants?

I would have pooped my pants.

beckyboop said...

Whooo, whooo! You're a wiener! You're a wiener! I would have pooped my panty too! Glad you had a good time and won some big bucks!