10.11.06

Moliaola

Mahalo - Vets.



345 days outta 365 are about winding down. Only 3 more daze of glory until me and the Lady C head outta dodge for a week. Almost didnt come off, but now it is a go.

Tomorrow I'll go by my Tutu Kane's resting place. 11/11. My Gramps. He was raised in Kaupo , Maui. He spoke fluent Hawaiian. He had the patience of a saint. He smoked his pipe in a big old Lazy boy, watching old flicks and football. We ate mayo and shoyu on our veggies. He loved my wife. Rode horseback to Ulupalakua and back for supplies. Drove a '66 Chevy SS Impala. Drove fast. Told me I worked harder than my Dad, and he is the hardest working human I know. Liked a cold beer. Never gave me hard time for being kolohe.

I am proud to have been his Grandson.

Miss ya Grampa.

Hows the Mangoes in heaven?







Aloha.

3 comments:

Little Kenny said...

That's a really sobering place. Everyone should visit at least once.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Wonderful tribute.

beckyboop said...

It is a nice tribute. A salute to all veterans and grandpa!