23.8.05

"50% Off"

Frustration. That is a word I could do without. Couldn't we all? If it is just as simple as waiting at the stop light for the long red to change, to inter-family relations. Sometimes in the water, I can wait for what seems like eternity to have a primo wave come abouts. I can have loads of patience. Sometimes, it seems so long; due mainly to the fact of pulling up to a surf spot, seeing it look so good, paddling out and finding out that mother nature decided that was it. Wait. Wait somemore. No frustration, a wee bit maybe, but overall, patience wins out. Maybe it is because the wait amplifies the stoke factor.

Why cant I do that more often; with everything else?

If you took 50% off of my internal anger clock, you would still have a pretty harsh temper.

Worse thing is, I am better at it.

I screwed up today, and yet if I try to justify betting angry, a jury would acquit me for reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt. That a common man would have doubt on the fact the accused actually committed the act.

No doubt that I got angry.

Common man might find it excusable, extenuating circumstances, rationale behavior.

I don't do common.

You cant take back the anger, but it in the black box of emotion, and lock it away. It occurred, and it was released. And I feel like shit. Tired, overworked, stressed are nothing but EXCUSES. Excuses are bullshit.

Nothing god (little g, little od) awful, but the fact that I lost patience, really frustrates moi.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. That and 2 cents, wont purchase diddly.

If'n I would have harnessed the patience available, the anger would have been in check. The argument would be nada.

I fucked up.

Don't repeat the same mistake, and the lesson will have been learned.

20/20 hindsight, sucks.

Patience.

Aloha.

3 comments:

Anne said...

yeah, man...i have been there-
too often for my liking. anger is real, but not always simple to deal with.
maybe some good waves will cure what ails you.

Playground In My Mind said...

I'm sorry that you had a rough day. Anger is something to learn to live with. I used to be very good at shoving it down. Anger was unacceptable. Now, it rears its ugly head and I fear it. The thing is 'anger' can be your friend. You and I have to learn to keep a good rein on our anger. Then when we need it-yelling for people to get away from flames, etc., it will be there for good. take care...it happens. It's over. Tomorrow will be better. Renee

Jennifer said...

Patience, indeed, Grasshopper.

And don't waste any energy beating yourself up over blowing your stack.

'Cause if I had a nickel for every time I blew mine ...

You're a smart guy; you'll make ammends instead of excuses. You know you will.


How far is Kaupo Gap from Kapalua?

What should a nonsurfing visitor NOT miss when visiting Maui? I may have an opportunity to visit once again this fall or winter.