17.8.05

Dim Sum / Sashimi / Sushi / Wasabi / Furukake Rice

Looking out the window at the start of the days festivities, I was struck by the awesome glare of the morning sun. Not completely unusual for the AM, being right in my eyes, causing squinting, and general blindness. The great part was the way it played off the water; it danced right over the bay, a forced shadow from the mountains, a deeper blue of the water to the outside. Driving my daughter Mai-mai to intermediate school, the day cracking outta its shell. 80 degrees and its 645AM. I am a lucky man.

Days go by quickly, the 2 jobs, the home fires, the responsibilities. No better place on earth for me, to have to do it. I could use a surf, but if mama ocean isnt cooperating, whatcha gonna do? Patience will, in do time, pay results.

Some of the sights today were so daily, so all-the-time, that I realized how much I take the beauty for granted. The breezes that cool right after mid-morning. The clouds that come in from the valleys, or off the ocean that bring some 'liquid sunshine'. Wait a minute, the showers pass, leaving only that after rain smell fresh off the concrete or ashphalt. Flowers. Lots of flowers. The pikake in my backyard is blooming. It has a demanding aroma. You will pay attention.

A month or so ago, the Hotel Hell had a convention of tutu wahines ( grandmotherly types) in. They all had lei on. The entire hotel was awash in fragrance. It was amazing. They walk, carry themselves, all decked out in Muu Muu, so fine. i know it was a bitch of a day for me, but that run-in with them made the brain work correctly. Instead of attitude, I had reason for joy. I swear, everyone of them had smiles on. Pretty cool.

Planned a vacation for the Lady & I, never enough time together so 4 days will seem eternal.

K got a new job, his GF M is so sweet, and her daughter K is as well. The Ohana (family), it grows. More on that at later dates.

Gotta work.

Jeezus Christmas, I say that a whole friggin' lot.

Aloha.

No comments: