20.6.06

Aohe ou hilahila?

There are times that I am.

Times when I feel that all done is not done well.

Times when what goes on around me, the world, and those in charge, is shameful.

I wonder what my Grandfather thinks.

What would his stoic, calm, Hawaiian face show, on the world today?

So much to see, and yet we walk with blinders on, wondering only of self, not of others.

Long days, longer nights, and yet brillance surrounds; if only for a moment.

Calm dedication to life, and joyous exclaims of love can reap rewards untold.

Damn dryer broke again.

Aloha.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Auwe da dryer
mo bettah you hang um,anyways

You got that song stuck in my head "...you no more hilahila, go Aala paka hiamoe!"
Nice post.

Jennifer said...

Stand your ground & refuse to repair/replace the dryer! Long live the clothesline!

alan said...

Now you have me imagining this world through their eyes...I can't imagine what they would think of it!

alan