13.6.06

"Seventy-two"

It has been almost a year since I was promoted to my rank now. Working with the crew at Firecom, is a rewarding, educating experience. Our chief is a great guy, and backs us 110%. Getting by on 3 to 4 hours of sleep kinda sucks, but it is doable. I have a 24 hour shift every 4 days. A 'incentive' pay of 350 clams extra is ono as well. But - - - -

But I really miss fighting these -

Lab School Fire Today 6/13/2006

Lab School Fire




So after much debate in my fried brain and endless to and fro w/ MomandDadhawaiianmark, and the Nose pierced Lady C, I am gonna put my "72" in to transfer back out into the company.

Back to my beloved station 5.

Station 5 is a billion years old. It has a myriad of ghosts. It is 3 floors of work, play, excercise, stress, hassling, devotion and unbridled dedication. It is a typical firehouse. So if the bosses say yay, I will put my ass back on the back of the Ladder truck, driving the back end of a big yellow 50 ft long hunk of help. It still bothers me tho' cause I wonder if it is the right thing to do. So I'll go with whatever the bones throw at me. Either way is good - If I stay at Firecom, there are plus' Going back to the company and out in the field has satisfaction all over the dial, and helping the public is always a stoke.

Half dozen of 1, or 6 of the other, I guess.

On a wet note, I got a surf in again, and the crust factor in my eyes is building, along with the demarcation line between tanned and not (on my arse) Talk about your 'moon river'...

Hotel is packed to the gills and the vistors are behaving, even if I am not.

Aloha!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the transfer. Either way, you're providing invaluable service, right? I can see how a break from some lame-brain phonecalls might be desireable, too.

Either your tourist karma is paying off, or you're hosting a pharmaceuticals convention and all the reps have been sampling the happy pills, eh? Whatever the case, enjoy!