17.10.06

Tripping over the plug, and other oddities

Having the DT's on a sunday morning is cause for alarm, especially if you dont drink. Shit. Maybe I dooooo drink toooo much. OK. So I slept through the damn earthquake. Didnt really matter, tho' as "Son #1" came barging into my room, all distressed saying the earth is moving(think chicken little), and at the exact same time is my Mom calling from Kamuela (Big Island)all hysterical like, cause Dad is across the street at the school, so shes panicked.

Good morning Mark.

(deep breath) Then, the small after shock gets rumbling through the house; and I think I ate bad fish; but alas, it is the earth rolling again. Soooooo, (deep breath)now the entire house is alarmed, and worried - and the phones are ringing, and family from the Big Isle is calling, and I am trying to calm my Mom down on the phone, and 'The Damn Dog Sadie' is yelping, and (i havent had coffee yet) the for god knows what reason, the car alarms are going off in my garage, KJ is up, (but of course he could care less, cause he is just cruising, watching everyone else go bonkers) ... And I am wondering why the hell am I up so early.

Deep Breath.

Soooooooooo, I figure I better call FireCom and see if they are needing help, and see if OT is up to work. Cant get through, so I call Station 5 (Kaimuki) to see if they know of how things are going at FireCom. Can not get through there either. As now the phones are dead. Finally get through, they are getting pounded, but the higher ups wont OK any OT. Go figure. So wait out the day, no power, but make do with cook out style, and we have a gas range, so that was cool.

More Air!

So I go to the pink early, god, why ???? only to find out that Mauimama and her bridal party are having their wedding today and it is raining, no power, and well....They will for sure never forget the date... One of the sweetest couples I have had the pleasure of meeting, Sandy and her husband, more on that when I can remember. *wink*


So the pink goes out and doles out a $26.00 buffet in the surfroom. No power. Thats twenty-six bucks. Did over 12K in business, and almost 600 covers.

Money talks.

Damn, and then today, I had to buy another fridge.

I almost lost it on the freeway coming home in my truck.

KEY WORD - A L M O S T.

Get to that, tomorrow.

Shoots then, I gotta work this pinkness off.

Aloha. and Mahalo's.

4 comments:

alan said...

I have no doubt you could sleep through an earthquake! You never get any sleep at all, I don't think!

Thinking of you all...

alan

Jennifer said...

Shake rattle & roll, I've been thinking of you! We're hearing that there has been damage to buildings, but that most folks are okay. Glad you & yours are fine.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Sorry I'm late to check-in. I'm on a five day delay with news (which corresponds with being five years behind in everything here in Indiana).
I'm glad everyone is all right.

Smiled while thinking of KJ watching the chaos.
LOL-ed Good morning Mark.
Not feeling sorry for myself for a LONG time after the morning you had!
Especially all that before coffee.

Little Kenny said...

Yeah, that no coffee yet part is a tragedy. Being born and raised in California I'm used to the shaky shaky part, but no coffee. Don't think I would have survived the morning.

Cheers crazy man.

p.s. In reply to your latest post over at my place take a look at the top right column and you'll see a link titled 411 where you can get the 411 on getting in touch with me. Aloha.