20.8.06

The Long Chain

Today I saw a commercial about Disneymobile it is a heart-in-the-right-place idea, but dear god, how close to big brother can you get?

I realize the world is filled with evil, sadistic whack jobs, and keeping the Keiki safe is all important, but will a 6 y/o or younger actually have a cell?

If they do, terrfic, keep tabs on them. But I seriously doubt that the at-risk youth that needs it, will have a parental unit that can afford it.

And shouldnt we all be keeping tabs on a young one? Why by mobile?

Which of course led to more thinking on my brains part, because god knows aint no other part of me that does it that is for sure. And I thought, if we monitor every location, movement that a kid makes, doesnt it prevent them from discovering what is really the difference between right and wrong? I think I have given enough "rope" or "chain" for my keiki to learn (sometimes tough) lessons that would be prevented if my waltdisney eye in the sky was monitoring every move they make.
Besides being a money-maker for Walt & Co., (like they need more) it takes the responsibity of being a nurturer away from the 2 people that should be doing it the most.

Back to the ones that need it most - an at risk youth in what ever shape, form or situation, would probably be the last one with access to this techno-marvel.

I doubt Walt & Co. will be donating any to low-income housing, mental facilities, or youth half-way houses, eh?

If I were tracked, I wouldnt have found the difference between driving at 50 vs. speeding your ass off as dangerous, cause the location woulda been known. Not have journeyed with some "friends of friends" who were ripping off homes back in the 70's, and realized what a fucked up pursuit in life that is. Learned about the fact that what goes in "like perfume" often comes out like "sewage", when too much of a good thing is imbibed.

Yeah, safety first, and all that, but some things you gotta give 'em a long chain to venture forth on.

Big eyes see many things.

You gotta let 'em focus.

Shoots, then!

Aloha.

1 comment:

Segue said...

My local phone co. (cincinnati bell) offers a cell phone called Firefly that is marketed to parents of the sub-independent crowd, and it puzzles me. The gimmic is that the parents can program certain numbers into it, and the kid can only call those numbers (and receive).

Where exactly are the "customers" that their parents need to call them on the telephone?

Answer: They're at home, buying dumb gadgets like the Firefly.

IMHO.