19.8.06

On Da Bus

Doing my part to fight global warming and shit, I figured I'd catch The Bus to work. Actually, I had no car, so I had to.

I find life full of intresting things.

Like the price of gas

A good enough reason as any to catch the bus, I guess.

Sacrilage

What a tourist doesnt realize, is that a lei is a gift from one to another, and if you are through enjoying that gift, pass it on to another, or lay it on a grave, or toss it to the ocean to find souls and spirits.

Dont toss it in the trash.

Konichiwa!

Japanese tourists use the bus to travel alot, mostly colleege kids, and country families.


Bus 666

The Bus was crowded, and standing was the call. I dont mind but some folks after all day at the beach, dont sweeten the air. There were plenty of tourists coming from Hanauma Bay.


Aloha, Transportation!

Alas, all rides end, and the terminal left me with a walk down Kalakaua Ave. Whee.

Onward

Down the avenue, on to work.


Past

When we were small kine kids, we used to go with my Gram down to the area fronting Diamond Head, well, sorta over, since that area is a gay beach now; more towards Waikiki proper, and there used to be many Lei makers, sitting on the beach, on Kalakaua Avenue, weaving Lei. They would sit just like this statue, weaving Aloha into every one.

There are none now.


Why?

There is a giant aquarium one the corner by the hellish pinkness.

There is the whole bloody pacific ocean on the other side.

Your guess is as good as mine.


The Evil


And then you are imprisoned.

Anyways, thats the deal for today.

Blogger wont let me load more, so edits for later.

Aloha!


This from - one of the blogs I was perusing -

A rather magical friend arrived in Nouméa on 11 July 2006. Her name is Anne Bercot. If you don't know Anne, you'll be fascinated by her. If you do know Anne, you'll be excited to learn that she has just begun another rather impressive project ...


Anne has begun a new life at the age of 63. She has just started a SEVEN-YEAR TOUR of the WORLD and we are lucky enough to have her start with us. Anne is planning to travel the world on her own, hopping from here to Fiji, Vanautu, Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia and then off to South America, the United States (by cargo boat, plane, foot, thumb, whatever!), and who knows where else. She has already stayed with two tribes here in New Caledonia, has learned more about the native culture than we have, has hitchhiked down the island, slept in a "case" (hut) on the sea, dined with a local TV presenter and has a list of New Caledonian contacts a mile long!

If you want to know more, see Anne's blog (which she is maintaining in English and French). You will learn more about her reasons for her seven-year journey, why she has started here, what she is experiencing, and where she is going next. I highly recommend it.

Now you tell me, does that rock, or what? I am linking it but its mostly in French, but pix do more than words, and theres a link in da side bar stuffs.

Ok then, Aloha!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That DOES rock! Soon as I get on the faster connection I'm gonna read more of her!