4.1.06

Cursed Plumber - Who Me? - Yeah bonehead, YOU!

You figure a simple thing like plumbing would be a simple task for a simple man.

No way.

No how.

No mas! No mas! No mas!

Officialy, forever more, I hate plumbing.

Just a simple hook up the new faucet,

(which because of the height of the new vanity, needed to have the hoses extended, which of course, were incorrectly marked 1/2" & 1/2" by the wonderful folks at the EVIL empire of home improvment, City Mill)

(which also of course, meant the drain popper thingy needed to be extended)

(which meant, by gosh, that the P-Trap, drain connection, straight pipe, ALL had to be extended)

Then all you have to do is connect all the parts, add washers, tighten nuts, cross fingers, say a rosary, stand on my head and fut rubber nickels.......

I started at 0930 this morning.

I turned on the water for the first time at 300PM.

Texas is playing the evil USC Trojans for the National Championship in the Rose Bowl, which started at 300PM Hawaii time.

3PM Hawaiian Standard Time is when the water flowed through the whole set-up...

and of course, 3PM is when the damn thing leaked for the first time.

So i went to the shower, washed up, and now am at the Hotel, and tomorrow I will be back at Firecom for 24, during which time I will constantly, consistently, be amazed at how absolutely horrendous a plumber I am.

I mean really, is there like a plumbing saint?

St. Faucet?

St. Drip?

St. somethingorother?

I bet there is a gathering of plumbers having a beer or 3, and laughing their collective asses off at me, right now.

Come Friday, I will defeat the leak.

Duct tape, welding, nuclear weapons, it matters not, I will swim the ocean that I have caused, and the damn thing will work.

Either that or I am calling a real Plumber.

Shhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!

Aloha.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

St. Pipe Dope, dude!

If things get any worse, you can always surf in the bathroom, right?

Hang in there! We're all jumping up and down in an attempt to vibrate some tectonic plates & send you some big-ass waves.