14.1.06

Surf, Surf, Surf, give my arse for a surf * (wave of the day)

Whine.

Moan.

Complain.

Waha.

Itchy.

Itchy feets.

Really, really, R E A L L Y ...itchy feets.

At least I am not the asshole at the restaurant tonight who decided to loudly rant over the unavailability of a ocean front table...

(i am not mentioning the fact that THE WHOLE FRICKING restaurant is on the beach, but i digress...)

People are morons.

Why take anger with you on vacation?

What bloody good does it do?

He embarassed himself, his wife, his family.

He is a Doctor, too.

Itchy feets was soooooooooooo close to a roundhouse, see ya later,goodnight nurse,take this job and shove it, when the hostess came back to the back of the house in tears.

But then I'd be a dumbass, just like Dr. Thomas Starrett.

Who lives at...

Nah. I am not that bad.


Or.

Maybe.


Aloha.

Urgk!

7 comments:

fineartist said...

Humor when your ajar, good on ya.

May as well laugh, and powder those feet….

Anne said...

hehehe. dr. starrett. i like your style!
hope you surf soon, bro.

Van Cong Tu said...

why don't you come to Viet nam and show me hwo to surf. Love your posts

fineartist said...

Humor when YOU'RE ajar....that's what I meant, but you knew that...

I came back to this post because I have felt it many times too. How do you tell someone in the greater scheme of things that IT doesn't really matter? By doing what you did, letting it go.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

I HATE rude people in restaurants.

This happens to me so often, as I am a soft spoken person in public...which gets misinterpreted as someone who doesn't stick up for herself.
I'll be dining with seemingly normal people, and then something goes horribly terribly wrong with dinner.
"WHAT?!? We didn't order CORN BREAD! We ordered corn MUFFINS!!"
Something that catastrophic.

Then it becomes a quest to pick out every other insignificant shortcoming.
"We asked for ketchup five minutes ago. Where the hell is it?"
Then, inevitably, they try to drag me into it...
"You ordered medium rare...That's semi-medium rare!"
"It's fine."
"They're taking it back!"
"Get your hands off my effing plate!!"
“You need to stick up for yourself.”
UGHhhhh!

It's power tripping. It's the sense that 'this is my money, so I'm making these people dance for it. It's, "I'm gonna score us some free desserts."

I don't allow my kids to get away with that behavior. I abhor seeing it in adults.

Anybody wants to turn me off? Be a dick at dinner. See how quickly I turn.

Jennifer said...

Power comes in two forms:

seeking to dominate

seeking to become whole, at one with All

The first form requires throwing your attitude around, even throwing your weight around.

The second form requires patience, restraint, forgiveness, patience, restraint, forgiveness, patience, restraint, forgiveness...

You must know this; you certainly seem to live this.

Good on ya.


And hey -- Every time I post a comment here I get a mailer-deamon thing in my box, but my comments seem to show up. Any idea what that's about?

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Me too! That comment thing that Zilla said.