4.10.05

Ainokea

IF You are looking for a link to AINOKEA STUFF - go to the main page - there is a link on the right hand side for the stuff..............

A L O H A ! ! ! ! ! !








The problem is, I do care.

There are a bunch of these stickers on cars around town. I guess the prevailing attitude is "me first", "screw you", " I no care"...get it? Ai-no-kea?

I dont know, it just irks me.

Musings from the sands of my ground-up mind - Ever notice how few people hold doors open for each other, now? And if you do, some look at you as if you are a demented freak. So my mission today, be as there was small kine surf, was to really see how many times I could get a reaction from people doing stuff for 'em. Gas station - paid to pump, and on the way back to the car, looked like Aunty was having a problem with the gas cap. First thing, ask if she needs a hand - "why, yes, thank you, I cant get the bloody thing off" Any woman who uses the term 'bloody' is alright with me. She probably downs a few good beers, too. So get the stubborn bugger off, and good karma task 1 is over.
So I go to Costco. Now, this behemoth of of a store always gobbles up my coin. Today, I figure, buy what I need, and outta there. I mean the carts are so damn big, that half the time, I am running people over for a 90,000 pack of TP. Go figure. Anywho, the place is actually very quiet, (Mr. I-forgot-its-a-Tuesday) and I meander around. Down one of the paths is Gramma. She has grandkids in tow, and a cart full of stuff. Now I spy her going to pick up a double carton of clorox, weighing in at about twice her own weight. I just go over and put it in for her, as she was distracted by one of the little ones shreiks. "why, Thank You". #2 karma good time done.

I am feeling pretty good about meself, right about now, Thank You.....

La do da do dey, meander over to Longs Drugs to pick up some stuffs that are on sale. Expressline for items 9 or less. lady in front of the line asks to use a phone, the cashiers says no. OK, I tell her "Aunty, who you like call?" "Here, use my cell"... After small conversation of HOW to use the thing, she makes her call, and the cashier screws up the other person in line charge card, backing up the line more, irritating the others in line.

Hey my job here is done, what other mischief can I create?

Picked up some trash, cleaned Lady C's Aunties car.

I will be looking for that silver lining soon.

All in all, people were pretty receptive to being nice to 'em. Now if I can just get that through my head when I am at work, life will be all good.

Gotta kill time somehow, when I cant surf.

Be good to each other.

Aloha.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I thought Ainokea was a Maui thing. I guess not. I can't stand it! My son actually drew an opposing view "IKEA" logo until I told him that it was a furniture store on the mainland and people wouldn't get it...haha, but I am glad my kids don't buy into that, just because everyone else is wearing it don't mean anything.

Glad to see you on a goodwill venture
now if only God will pay you back with the swell the weatherpeople forcasted!!

Jennifer said...

Good for you! Nothing lifts the spirit like committing random acts of kindness.

I tried to be nice earlier this week and it backfired, so I was sort of considering rethinking the niceness thing, until I read your post, that is. I might give it another whirl.