23.10.05

Thingage

Thingage. you know, things that resemble what you are talking about. WTF? No, really.

The girl from the other days call.

She died.

And I had to read her obituary today.

And that sucks.

Its really hard to explain how it feels to be part of someones last exsistence here.

I can question myself, or I can question the actions of another.

But somehow, I feel responsible for the actions of my fellow man.

It feels like a cop-out to blame someone else.

The harsh reality of my job is - you must deal with it. That nugget in the grain of my mind that says what if? Is a demanding bastard.

Go hug someone.

Aloha.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bummer. Few years ago in October I went to a golf tournament. Hubby invited this kid who used to work for him. Beautiful kid, 20 yrs old, bright, but lost. I got to know him a little bit because I drove him home after the tournament -- five hours in the car, nothing to do but talk to each other. Troubled kid; deep sadness & regrets, emotional distance from the parents & siblings, unattached; self-loathing, self-blame, maybe latently gay and terrified to talk about it, too. Catholic family, but the kid, he hates the Church -- not God, just the Church. The kid liked Buddha.

So Christmas comes. We get a heart-felt, hand-written card (Buddha, not Jesus or even Santa) from the kid. The handwriting slants downward, indicating depression. Bad sign.

Two weeks later his dad called me with the bad news. He left no note.

Always feel like I should've known & should've reached out. Tragic waste.

You do good work & you care.

Tell yourself, "there's only so long you can take it all on, then the wrong's gotta be on its own."

Hang tough. Enjoy your well-earned vacation!

fineartist said...

Exactly what Zilla said…you care, you did what you could, and sometimes the dark is on its own.

Sandy said...

oh, that's too bad she died. Bummer.

I know you're a man but ((hug))