3.10.05

Couple times a day...

" A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labours of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received" - - Albert Einstein

I just thought that was a really truism type spot of thought. From a fairly smart fellow.

Driving around the 'aina (land, island) today, doing the usual niele (nosy) peekings at the other drivers, I noticed some comedy. There in my rear view mirror, were 2 gents, maybe about 40 or 50 - ish, talking real animated. Stuck-ola at the stop light, not moving soon, I kept watching them. Hands flying, mouths yapping. The driver grabs a newspaper, and starts glancing through it. The passenger, oblivious to his reading, keeps on yakking away, facing away from him. Light changes, and off we go. They come up on my side, and pass. The driver is still reading, the passenger, still yakking. Except the passenger is driving. This brutal arrangement goes on for the next 2 miles or so, with me just waiting to see the result of this circus act. There is this one long, lazy curve on my way to jobbo #2, and it was coming up. Visions of a head-on were in my mind. I half thought of calling 911, but knowing how long HPD takes to respond to a cell callers complaint, I figured, no bother. Apparently, the driver found something interesting for the passenger to see, and decides to point it out. Now both of them are looking at some ad or article.

And the car is in the lane of on-coming traffic.

Nobody is headed towards them, (god protects fools, and drunks) so i blast the tinny horn on my carwheela, (my term for my truck) Mutt and Jeff yank the wheel, one from one side, and the other, fron the other side. Net result - wobble, but maintain straight ahead, canceling out each others moves to swerve. Over the curb, into a bush. They figured out the brakes.

So I stop, and go over as both tweedle dee & dumb are exiting. Just asked if they were alright, which they seemed to be; no blood, no foul. So driver says, --"did you honk?, cause thats why we crashed if you didnt honk, we wouldnt have had this happen" Followed by passenger from the black lagoons chirp of - "yeah, you caused it cause we were fine until you honked, i need to get a police officer....so..."

Now I tend to be a pretty 'elevated' personality when confronted by complete dooooofi. But a little old Mama-san was peeking around the corner from her house, so going completely bonkers on 2 of the most clueless humans born was a option I avoided. I guess mama-san had called the HPD, cause they were there in a moments notice.

In the words of Martha Stewart,... 'and thats a good thing'

'cause after the next few comments, I wasn't feeling the love, so to speak.

So moron 1 & moron 2 are yelping and squealing like the dweebs they are, to Officer Magarret. And I get to talk to Danno. So Danno is asking me what the heck happened, and I explain the scenario. So Magarret and Danno confrence, and come to the amazing conclusion that the facts are what they are, that team dooofi is fulla shit.

Not wishing 'em bad luck, but....

I hope the article was worth it.

Sometimes I swear THEY are out to get me.

I am going surfin, tomorrow sooner, if I could.

Aloha.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

What goofballs.
Swell coming, hang in there