23.12.05

Follow. ...& translation

Waiterrant.

You have read him, if not punch him up.

Innaressing stuff.

I posted comment #56.

It is in Hawaiian. Got time? I am intrested to see what if anything comes of it.

Leave me NO free time.

Thats a good idea.

Translation.

posted later,

Maybe.

*wink*

*wink,wink*

Aloha,

Peace & Joy,... all.




edit -

Hawaiianmark (Surfmore@workless.com) Says:


on December 23rd, 2005 at 6:12 am

Ke ho’olaule’a nei anei au i kanaka, ai ke Akua anei? Ha’awi aku ia ‘oukou i na ho’olaule’a ‘ana a nui wale ma ke ku’ai’ana aku ma ko’u hale ku’ai.

Page 196, Hawaiian Dictionary, Pukui, Ebert

Ah, research.

Aloha!

Cool post


#57, but whose counting?

Jus' incase ya cant find 'em

Aloha.


EDIT #2 -

Sandy, you are good.

"Do I now persuade men or God? - to give yougreat satisfaction in making purchases in my store (free sub for restaurant)"

Not that deep, huh? Just make you think, in perspective of what he said, having the others there for him, come the time, or...not. Persuading them (man) by action, or do I persuade God, by action or my inaction? Figuring the patrons disgust with service, - is the second part - 'to give satisfaction in the purchases in my store - I free subbed restaurant for store, to fit the post.

I think too much.

Shopping is PAU!

(finished)

ALoha...off to work!

4 comments:

Segue said...

Waiter moderates his comments (pre-screens them for spam before the appear on the blog).

At the moment there are only 55 comments shown.

I'm curious what yours is, though. Remind us to check back when it's up.

Sandy said...

trying for conjure up first year Hawaiian almost 15 years ago...
but you got me. I can't remember sentence structure and past or present tenses. The au i kanaka is throwing me off...The celebration here I have for man?
Is God there?
Ha'awi (give) ia 'oukou (you people) only a big celebration (Ku'ai'ana-for sale) in my store (future tense? The one they WILL go to?)
Obviously, not a very good NOR very poetic translation,
Tell us what Pukui meant!

fineartist said...

I read waiter rant...it confused me. Probably more the state that I find myself in today, rather than the rant. I understand his reasoning, but it pisses me off that people walk around acting like spoiled contrary children.

fineartist said...

um, er, myself included. I'm not by any means exempt, but I'd like to think that I don't take it out on other people, only myself.