13.12.05

Tough? What's tough?

Somewhere in this world I am sure, there is a person, family or people that have things tough. They probably don't even know it. That's because right next to them is someone who has in tougher. I stumble through my existence, ranting about the injustice that assails me, when in truth - - -

I got it pretty damn good.

Momhawaiianmark always said the 1/2 full vs. 1/2 empty example, usually followed by a reminder that "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" (writerMom - you got that down, God Bless!!!) She would end with a quote or 6 on how this is a stepping stone to greater things...Or failure is perceived as such only if you let it be....And more - enough that she should write a book. (You should see her letters - she refuses to move into the 21st century - support the USPS is her motto!)

Now that I shifted sufficiently off track, maybe I can come to some sensible points/observations. Believe that things are against you, and I dare say, they will be. Seeing situations as opportunities to take, albeit hard, is the best way to attack. Yup. Attack. 'cause that's what you gotta do when the defecation hits the oscillator. You can attack with all the emotion that you posses inside, all you talent, all your (for want of a better word) balls. (Ladies -intestinal fortitude will do for you!) Never letting desperation or negativity gain a foothold is paramount to conquering the challenge.

Huh?

See, oldest K is missing from our anniversary celebration. That's 'cause Lady C & I had to tell him "Aloha" - Not good kine Aloha, but Aloha as in -

pleaseremoveyourselffromthehome,causeitwillonlyturnuglierthanitalreadyis,

kine Aloha.

So as a team, we get to feel all ranges of emotion, as you or anyone would when your child is gone for a week or more and no news is heard.

So we have a dilemma, but in the giant realm of things to worry about, it is manini (small) and I wont. I will try. I will attempt at common sense. (and believe you me, commonsense for this pup, IS a challenge) - But we will endure.

As we all will, if we let ourselves be the humanity we all are, setting aside our SELF, and letting the community we exist in, hand us assistance, gain knowledge, and in gaining that knowledge, power to change the world.

Or at least our little place in our own paradise.

Peace, Joy, and scatterings of boundless enthusiasms.

As always,

Aloha.

2 comments:

fineartist said...

I once had to ask my oldest son to move. He is bipolar and he wasn’t on meds at the time, and he needed to be. He has been on meds for the last year and things are much better. I don’t believe in over medicating, but in some cases it is necessary. I was diagnosed as cyclothymiac, supposed to be borderline bipolar, I do NOT take meds, I deal with it, but some can’t.

Anyway, my son is twenty-three, and far too opinionated to live with me, it seems.

I know how heart breaking it can be to ask them to find another home. I’ve been there. Hang in there, sometimes they have to stand on their own feet in order to appreciate you and to know that they can do it. But you already know this, yes?

Jennifer said...

Saying tough kine aloha is never fun, but if we fail to say it when it needs to be said, we do nobody any favors. Let's hope the Big K is learning some responsibility out there & returns when he's ready with appreciation for the family that cared enough to cut him loose.

23 years. Holy smokes, you & the Lady C are inspiring on multiple levels. Here's to 23 more.