18.12.05

Picture Less

Sunday. Lets rest.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Put in the medicine cabinet. The light fixture over the cabinet, and did some more coats on the 'log'.

The log is my answer for the leg shaving assist on the shower. The 'log' had been sitting under the stairs for umpteen years. I think it is ironwood. Which would make sense, because it is harder than my head. I first thought up the idea because -

1. I didn't want to figure out how to add a shelf into the already being placed tile.

2. I am inherently curious.

3. (seriously) I figured the juxtaposition of tile (stone) with wood (organic?)

4. I have a grinder, sand paper, and not much of a brain.

The log had a smacking of bark still on it, which had sorta rotted itself to the log itself. Chipped that off. Started sanding with the sander, which doesnt quite mesh with the shape of the log. Plus, it is harder than heck, so it tore the sandpaper to shred, quick like.

Grinder!

I busted out the drill, attached the grinder head to it, and grinded the daylights outta it. Then sanded the beejezus too, with a form fitting sandpaper sponge thingy. 6 cans of varathane later -

Logger/Legshave stand/Ass parking!!!

Maile stole my camera, and I had to hit it to the Hotel for work anyhows.

OT ' morrow.

Be good -

Aloha.

2 comments:

Segue said...

You shave your legs?

fineartist said...

Well, thankfully I believe since you sanded the beejezus out of it, splinters wont be a problem. You know, for the shower throne.

Segue is a hoot, he always says the unexpected, yes?

Your shower assistant is a utilitarian piece of sculpture in the round; useful and beautiful too. Good on ya.