25.11.05

AM Surf Check & Tile

Went out the door in the early AM after a frustrating night at the ol' Hotel. Credit Card authorization computer was kaput on the busiest day of the year.





And the day before T Day we bought the tile - for the shower -





But on the way to the surf, I had a call from Lady C to check out Aunty R's leg, as it was aching and swollen & sore. I am no doctor, (i just play one on television) so off to do that - I tell the girls - go to the Doctor, and let him see what he thinks.

Then I got stuck behind this on the way home -



So I have small kine moment to do other stuffs, before off to the Hotel again, for more abuse. Then 'morrow is back to FireCom center. Where the hell did the out look go?

This was where I was headed to begin with -



I cant complain, because I snuck out for a surf yesterday, before the abuse at the hotel, so I have no right to moan. The water was warm, the waves so-so, but I was out in Mother Ocean, with a friend, and good times were had. Surfed fairly well, tho' there wasnt much power to the sets. The frustrating thing is, when there is power, the speed increases so radically, that mistakes harbour more dire consequences. But in surf like yesterday, you can push it a little more, and abandon safety, a bit. Russ was out, and he is always good to surf with.

The good thing is, the sun will come up tomorrow, and the surf will still be there on Sunday.

Gotta be positive in this overwhelmingly negative world!

1/2 Full! 1/2 Full! Damn glass is half full, I tell ya!

Cynics be damned!

Aloha!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your day sounds kinda like surfing in wild waves. I hope Auntie's leg is okay.

Beautiful tiles! I'm envious!

Amen on HALF FULL!

fineartist said...

You tell ‘em Mark.

Surfing, looks wonderful and dangerous, for a grace-cilla like me. I would most likely knock myself out with my own board, but it looks freeing. I tried the skateboard thing, in the kitchen, it was a nasty fall.

That tile IS cool as hell.

Segue said...

It's handy that the little tiles come attached together in sheets. Can you imagine trying to get straight lines with one-inch tile?

Okay, I give up: What is that green and beige thing sitting on the milk crate?