29.11.05

Phones

Usually, when the phone rings at my home, I ignore it. Thats because it hardly is ever for me. Lady C had a second ring tone for the 'kids line' a number of years back. Noone ever used it. It is in the directory, so the only fools that call it are the telemarketers. My normal line is on the donot call list. I have a lotta fun answering in different dialects and forms of insanity just to drive the callers a wee bit batty.

Shit, thats not what I was posting about.

I meant to mention my cell. OK. So my cell rings, and I can see that it is Mai-Mai's school calling. Now I have been the recipient of many a phone call from schools over the vast expanse of my parenthood, and they usually are not good. Either a sick child, or worse - "what did he do now?" Is the form I fill out.

But today i got a update on my girls progress in school that was bonzers. She is doing well enough for me to be proud. Proud for me is not getting a bummer phone call. She could concentrate more, but with a mental midget like me for a clan leader, shit ya takes what ya cans get. When you travel at 5000 MPH all day, all the time, it is hard to concentrate. But she is TRYING.

So I am a happy guy.

Thing is, I was so apprehensive when it rang, that I didnt really want to answer. I figured she was pulling a "i need a mental health" day - off deal, but nope, it was her teacher, letting me in on a bright spot.

She goes to High School next year, and really is a wise child. I am so excited to see where she goes in this life.

Stay well.

Aloha.

1 comment:

fineartist said...

Don't cha just love those praise calls? Reminds me, I need to make a hundred or so of those.

When I taught at the elementary level I used to send home love notes to the parents. The kids told me they were always good for a cookie or two. Hehe.