8.11.05

Nickels? / The Dark Side of Gambling / Observations / & yes, Tripping W/ Na Wahine

Nickels.

I had around eleventy-three guys on the street ask me for a nickel.

Fo' real.

About 2 to 3 times a day, i had downtrodden souls (PC Correct?) inquire for a nickel.

Why?

Sure a hard-luck story might ask for a buck for a meal, or in reality a bottle of Thunderbird, ....but a nickel? So I gets a thinking, ( always home of a BAD idea ) to as why the heck? Must be that with the advent of nickel slots, they are thinking of a jackpot? Or that I would cough up more? Not sure. This required the entry of Wonderman, me. I wondered, therfore I tried to deduce what the fuck was really going on. So lets take a trip on the seedier side of town, down by the El Cortez, and the surrounding palaces, (not). Hey, inquiring minds want to know. So down to the dives I go. El Cortez isnt that bad, newly remodeled, and free of stench, it still boasts I varied clientle. People in bathrobes were not out of place. Teeth, were. So no less than 6 guys asked me for a nickel. Before I gave anything, I asked, why a nickel? 2 acted like I was something out of the CSI notebook, while the others went into what can only be called slightly delusional behavoir.

Everybody got 2 bucks.

I couldnt figure out what the going rate was for pandhandling, so I took the Duece.

So all, said, NO ONE ever gave me an answer to that.

I did, tho' carry around a roll of 'em. Just to see.

*****

Darkness in the lighted city.

Lady C & Aunty Rosie were having a chow-down at the Restaurant.

A gentleman is over to the side, looking slightly, askew.

It is 4:55 AM.

I am asleep / happily buzzed.

Lady C and Aunty carry on the conversation something like this -

LC - "Rosie - look that guy, he is just shaking"

AR - " Hey Cat, no stare, not polite, mayve hes just drunk.."

LC - "No, he just took his cigarette, looked at it, and figures out where the utensils are...whoa! look at what he is eating!"

AR - "Cat, he got what, a couple of eggs, bacon, sausage, rice...what else...Oh he has all that too?...That is a huge order of panacakes, with more hashbrowns???"

LC - " Hey Rosie, what if the guy lost all his money,... the house, the car, the dog the cat,.....and now he gotta go tell his wife?"

(disclaimer - Lady C in the context of this whole thing, was saying this in all humor, not intending to know the future)

AR - " Oh Yeah, Cat, I can see that - not good, yeah?"

LC - "Whoo, No way, eh, he is probably just drunk, like Mark, and eating to hit the sack..."

The gentleman finishes his meal, walks over by the girls (he was out of hearing range while dining)

And stands there and tells them this, in a deadpan, sweating voice -

"I lost it all, I lost everything....At least I had a good meal......"

And with that he turned, walked out the door.

The girls were a bit quiet the next morning, as it would kinda kill the spirit, an encounter like that.

Adults.

Sometimes, having all that freedom of choice can come back and bite, but yet, it is your Choice.



Bellagio, watershow.

Now that the buzzkill is pau, more cool shit!


The Bellagio fountain show, is without doubt, the coolest thing to see since the inside of a barreel, in surfing.

The music, the water, I was missing Maile, and that was the tonic, it just made my spirits soar.

Corny shit, yeah?

But it DID.





Ladies At Ceasars


Oh yeah, there is more, and has to do with Marsupials, planes, and Automobiles (Cars In Vegas)

Aloha.

Thanks for all the good karma....can feel 'em ya know...

Aloha, X10.

No comments: