20.11.05

You Can Read It In The Sunday Papers

Sunday.

Day of rest.

Yeah, right. Lesss seee. Today before heading to the ol' stomp the brain into oblivion hotel, we -

Hinged a new door for the up-stairs, which of course with my fine high tech carpentry skills was a breeze. N O T! Lets put it like this - I have no skills in carpentry whatsoever. My tool bag consists of a broken hammer, a bent saw, and lots and lots of duct tape. I have a few more items than that, but in general, I be lacking in the common sense nail and hammer department. So I asked my dear old buddy Kohnhead to lend a paw in the destruction of a new door. Kohnster got mad skills with wood and the like. He is good. So I request his knowlegde on how the heck do you hinge a brand new door. He comes over, and by the time he has explained it, I am throughly confused. (which, in general, I am 24/7) His instructions done, and primary measurements made, I dive in head first. First you gotta put this deally-bop on the edge, and hammer the thingy to get the proper spects for the new hinge. Done. Then you take a wood chisel, and carve the new recess out so the hinge goes in perfect. I do this, and in 2 hours time, finish both new cut outs for the hinges. Joseph couldnt do better. OK, so that done, all I gotta do is put the thing onto the hinges that are in the doorway already. Simple.

Except that old Kohnster measured the damn old hinges off by 7/8 of a inch.

I guess even the pro's have an off day.

Recover by adjusting the bottom hinge, and reset the door. OK. Good to go. Except that the new doors are not beveled, so now I got to get a plane, and shave off some small amount of door to get the thing to close.

In between, Lady C decided to tear out the old bathrooms vanity, the floor, and the other items that I assume were bothering her.

Like I dont have enough to do!

Now the whole floor is gonna be re-tiled, the shower as well, and then a new sink, toilet, and some kind of towel holding, toilet paper watching, extravaganza will be built. I may even put in a damn fancy-shmancy tooth brush holder.

Criminy.

Good thing someone rested on the seventh day.

Aloha!

No comments: