1.11.05

Tuesday To-Do List


The Evil Vortex That Is CITY MILL

You start with blankness

End up unpteen hours later with this mess.


On a side note this is the Hula Mound for Maile in the side yard. Under the hill is a stunb of a 40' Mango Tree. I hated that tree. That tree had no good Mangos, but constantly mad rubbish. I musta trimmed that bugger a hundred times.

Take a look at the stones that make up the wall. Those are man cut stone. In Kaimuki, there was a quarry. Many of the rock walls in the area are made from thousands of these stones. Someone cut all of 'em. Think about that. Long ago, some guy put his heart out to cut stone. Thousands of them. Sure not only him, but the effort that went into each one of these, who can measure? The reason I say this is because as Hawaiians, we tend to believe nature carries spirits. Of our ancestors, of those passed on. Some feel it is bad luck to take stones. Many tourists have taken Lava rock only to return it in the mail; stating that tooooo much bad stuffs are going on 'cause of it.

I have these because at my old station 5 - Kaimuki, they were tearing down some walls to make a new drive way, and they did not need these I asked, and was granted permission to take them.

I have always though that the men or women who created these stones whould appreciate them being used, rather than cast on the side.

Aloha.

Down to 2 days before Vegas, baby!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

cool yard, you old kahuna. LOL
My hubby just made a rock thingy too. I'll post a pic when it's done

We are also growing a mango tree, I call her "Lola" she has yet to bear fruit, but I am anxiously waiting!